Dwelling Insurance

Dwelling insurance is the biggest part of what people consider a “home insurance” policy. “Homeowners insurance” is another blanket term for a policy that covers the structure (dwelling) as well as the contents (household goods). Stonewall Farm Mutual splits that into two separate policies, and we’ll explain below.

Dwelling insurance pays to repair or even rebuild your home when a covered hazard damages or destroys it (minus your deductible and applicable depreciation). We cover mobile and manufactured homes, as well. Our industry term for these hazards is “perils” and here are some of the common ones:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Windstorms, Hurricanes, Hail
  • Weight of Ice, Snow, Sleet
  • Explosion
  • Smoke
  • Accidental Discharge, Leakage, or Overflow of Water
  • Vandalism
  • Theft & Burglary
  • Accidental Glass Breakage
  • Falling objects

Commonly, general insurance agencies will require that you pay 1-2% of your home’s value as the deductible each time you file a claim. Our deductible, as voted on by our members, is a low $500 per claim, and for accidental water discharge the deductible is 1% of the dwelling coverage.

Contents and Other Coverage

We write a separate policy for your household goods (everything from your bed, kitchen, appliances, firearms, and other possessions that are not part of the building structure).  We cover outbuildings, tools and machinery and can line item “all risk jewelry” all under one policy.

Liability Insurance

If you have your main dwelling insured with Stonewall Farm Mutual Insurance Co., you are able to purchase liability insurance with Pedernales Insurance Agency, LLC, as well. The contact number is the same as Stonewall Farm Mutual’s office, 830-644-3486 or 800-767-3016. Pedernales Insurance Agency, LLC provides liability insurance policies (coverage of medical and legal fees if someone is injured or their belongings are damaged while on your property) by partnering with RVOS’s Priority One Insurance, another Texas farm mutual company.

Builder’s Insurance

“Builder’s risk” insurance covers your dwelling if something should happen to it as it is being built. This reimburses you for the cost of the damaged or destroyed materials in your unoccupied dwelling.